Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Less Than A Week Away

Hey Y'all!

WOW!  I have 4 more days until I head to Australia to sing for our troops!  I am SO EXCITED!  I just heard I will be on an airplane for close to 20 hours total but it will be SO WORTH IT!!  I haven't told Mama about the travel time yet (and not sure I will)!  I will load up on lots of protein bars, gum, magazines, books, and my computer of course.  The only thing I'm worried about is the life of my computer battery.  I was thinking of bringing some movies but my computer hardly stays charged when I unplug it.  That may mean it's time for a new battery.

I spent a few hours today learning from one of my best friends how to set up this blog!  (Thank you Renee).  I am so excited to have a way to be able to update you all on my trip in Australia.  I plan to keep the blog going after my return too!  It was so much fun learning today.  It will take me a few weeks to get this thing mastered but if y'all will just bear with me, I promise I will write to you as often as possible!

I have a seven hour rehearsal tomorrow with my band!  I haven't seen most of them in quite a while so it will be like a reunion of sorts!! We are going to be doing a few new songs on the trip and also working up a couple patriotic songs.

I hope you all are having a great day!  Will talk to you again soon!!

Love,
Julie

8 comments:

Renee said...

Yay for you – this looks WONDERFUL!! Love the new photo too!

Kita said...

Hi Julie,
I love your music! I dabble in web design on the side if you ever need help with the blog!

J.R. Journey said...

I'm looking forward to reading more about your adventures.

StillWatch Renee said...

Airplanes has laptop power ports on some seats. Maybe the airlines could provide power to keep laptop going! Safe travels, enjoy! Renee Brewer

Anonymous said...

Awesome job on this, Julie!

Norma said...

You did an awesome job on here, Julie!

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie!!

I have often thought if I ever performed for the troops (well, if I were a performer, but that's besides the point -- teehee) I thought some great songs would be "New York State of Mind", "California Dreamin'" "Sweet Home Alabama", "Southern Comfort" by Buddy Jewell -- you know, regional stuff for the troops to shout out to and sing along with. And the blog is great! :D

Take care!
Christine Appleby

Carrie Sparks McClain said...

Hi Julie,

Welcome to the blog world! I'm so glad Renee was able to talk you into it, and watch out because it can be addictive. I hope you have safe travels to Australia and enjoy your time there. I'm excited to follow your trip through your posts.

Carrie Mc
(Best friend of Renee's little sister)