Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hi There!

Hi Y'all!  

I haven’t written to you since Australia and I apologize for that!  I have done so much since that trip so I have lots to tell you about!!  First of all, I've got to say how much fun I had in Australia.  I met many wonderful people and was blessed to see a part of the world that I have never seen and most importantly was able to share that with my Mama.  It was one of the best experiences I've had in my life.  Singing for our military and showing them how appreciative we are of their sacrifice for us is something I've always wanted to do and I hope that I can do this forever. 

After I returned to Nashville, I slept more than I think I ever have in my life.  It took a good day and a half to get back on Central Standard Time.  A couple days after I returned, I flew out to Oregon to play a show for the Oregon National Guard.  I gotta tell you, this was a trip I will NEVER FORGET!  

It was memorable for many reasons.  First of all, the people in Oregon are SO nice!  I felt like I was back in my hometown of Lancaster, SC because they treated me like family.  From the time we landed in Portland on Thursday night till the time we flew out on Saturday, it was awesome!

Second, Oregon is beautiful!  I saw all the famous mountains like Mt. Hood, Mt. Rainier, and Mount St. Helens.  I just saw them from the car and airplane but it was pretty amazing!  Maybe one day I can hike up one of these!  I'd love that!

I also had a blast traveling with Buddy Jewell.  If you all don't know Buddy Jewell, he is a talented, genuine, sweet, HILARIOUS man!!  
I never stopped laughing this whole trip.  Being the only female on the road, you hear lots of male humor and they pick on you a lot! It's SO FUNNY!  
Buddy and I are going to be doing some more shows together later this year and I can’t wait for those.  

I'm back home now.  Been getting organized, working on some new music, and preparing for a few shows in Nashville coming up.  Tonight I am singing at Songs for the Cure at the Listening Room in Nashville and next week, I am playing at Tin Pan South in Nashville.  This will be my first time ever playing at the Station Inn!  I am so excited to be there!  I will be playing some new songs that night so if you can come out, COME ON!!  I will be in the round with Billy Yates, Eddie Heinzelman, and Chris Roberts.  Everyone asks me if Chris is a relative of mine and as far as I know he's not!  Chris is a member of the band One Flew South and is an amazingly talented singer, songwriter, and producer.  I think it will be a fun night! 

Aside from all that, I am spending time with my 4 dogs and still training for the Country Music HALF marathon!  I've missed my training for a couple weeks but been back at it this week.  This will be my first half marathon and I'm kinda nervous but still excited bout it.  I'm also going to do a trail race later this year.  I actually prefer to run on the trails because it's better on my knees so I've found a trail race I'm going to do with some of my best friends. 

Now, I'm going to go and pick out an outfit to sing in tonight.  It's always so hard for me to decide what to wear!!  I try on about 6 or 7 things and whatever I feel best in is what I wear that night.  

Hope you're having a great week!  Love you and God Bless!!

3 comments:

Norma said...

Awesome blog, Julie! Sounds like you are ready to get back out on the road and entertaining again! Can't wait to see you do that and hopefully bring you to KC! All the best my friend to you and your Mama!

Carrie Sparks McClain said...

I'm glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time and made it home safely. Enjoy your weekend!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates and I WILL make it to Nashville for one of your shows!! (just don't know exactly when)

Thank you for being YOU!!!

Love, Christine :)